Saturday 4 June 2011

Sunday-itis

Sunday has always been my least favourite day of the week, almost for as long as I can remember. The day before the start of the working week is always a bit of a drag but it being Queen's Birthday Weekend here in NZ we have a long weekend. An extra day before the week begins. Not only that but I am officially on exam leave for uni so I have no week at all really. Just the build up to exams which are weighing very heavily on my mind. So why then do I feel that very familiar feeling of 'oh no, not you again' that I seem to welcome every Sunday with? I do wonder if anyone else has this feeling. I must confess that there have been times after a big Saturday night (just fyi, I am nineteen years old so legally allowed to drink in NZ) that I would very quickly trade in the dreaded hangover from the night before for a 9 to 5 working day as really there is nothing you can do but lie around and feel a bit miserable. Day wasted. But, I am not a big drinker, in fact the number of Sunday's, or any days for that matter that I have felt like that in the past six months I could literally count on one hand. So what is it then? Why is it that a day of the week in which I have no sporting or school related commitments seems to put me in a right grump? I suppose it doesn't help that while looking out my window all I can see are dreary grey skies and rain spattered windows. Perhaps my mood will perk up when the weather decides to. 

Does anyone else have these odd and rather unexplainable feelings about a particular day of the week? Or am I alone in my Sunday-itis.

Until next time ;)
Kate x

No comments:

Post a Comment